In the face of the new coronavirus (COVID-19) it’s important to make sure we are standing with our co-workers and communities to support one another.
Here are 10 things you can do to help prevent the spread of coronavirus*:
1. Stay calm. Think carefully about how you can help your community and loved ones.
2. Stay home when you’re sick. We want everyone to stay as healthy as possible.
3. If you believe you were exposed to COVID-19, or have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, call your healthcare provider immediately.
4. Cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze. Make sure you use tissues and throw them away in a lined trash can.
5. Avoid sharing household items. This applies to cups, eating utensils, bedding, and towels.
6. Disinfect objects and surfaces in your home and at work. Use an alcohol-based sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
7. Sleep well. Your immune system is working best if you are well-rested.
8. Wash your hands. A lot. Use soap and water for at least 20 seconds and wash often.
9. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. This helps reduce the chances of you getting sick.
10. Get a flu shot. It’s still flu season so it’s best to stay at full health.
But taking care of ourselves is just the first step.
Despite the coronavirus epidemic, corporations like McDonald’s still refuse to give all their workers paid sick leave. This puts workers, families, and communities at risk.